No Probs Plumbing and Electrical technicians are fully licensed to deal with all gas fitting work, including gas installations and repairs. We offer a safe, friendly, and reliable service to ensure your needs are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
The unmistakable smell of gas is a worrying sign that you may have a gas leak in or around your home. The smell of gas (similar to the smell of rotten eggs) in a building is not normal and steps must be taken to eliminate any potential hazard that may arise from leaking gas. If the smell is only getting stronger, you'll need to act immediately.
What To Do Next:
- Turn off the supply of gas to the building at the meter or cylinder. Turning off the gas at the meter may not stop the leak, as it may be coming from a nearby gas main or service. Even if you have managed to turn the gas supply off - the smell may still linger for a while.
- If you consider it necessary, evacuate the building.
- Eliminate ignition sources by extinguishing any naked flames, preventing smoking, preventing striking of matches and lighters, and by not touching any electrical switches. Immediately switch off appliances such as gas heaters and stovetops.
- If lights are on, leave them on.
- Ventilate the building by opening all the doors and windows.
- Call No Probs Plumbing & Electrical on (08) 9315 5545. We will send a fully licensed gas plumber out to you immediately.
- Do not enter the gas-affected area, warn neighbours and others within the vicinity. Wait until a gas plumber has declared the area free from danger.
Common Causes Of Gas Leaks
Gas leaks are usually caused by faulty gas fittings and appliances that use natural gas within the home. Appliances such as gas stoves, hot water systems, and gas heaters are the usual cause of gas plumbing problems. Loose existing gas lines are also to blame for gas leaks around the home. That being said, there can be more serious issues within the mains supply. You'll want to get a licensed gas fitter to conduct leak detection work and fix any issues as soon as possible.
How we can help you
As a licensed gas plumber, No Probs Plumbing & Electrical is highly experienced in a range of gas services and repair jobs. Our team will be happy to assist with any of the following gas work:
- Gas appliance installation: gas heaters, hot water systems, gas pipes, gas ovens, and gas stoves
- Gas leak detection within and around your home, conversions, repairs, and maintenance
- Adjustment of gas line pressure
- Commissioning of gas appliances
- LPG installations
How much does gas fitting cost?
Depending on the issue, gas fitting and repairs are comparable to that of normal plumbing services. Installation work such as gas heaters, stovetops, and ovens will be cheaper if gas is already linked up to your property. If it isn't already, gas services can get pricey, however, the costs compared to running electrical appliances is less and will pay off in the long term.
Need A Gas Plumber Today? No Probs
Need natural gas fitting work completed at your home? Talk to our team about your requirements and one of our gas specialists will talk you through your options and give you an obligation free quote. If you're experiencing a gas leak issue at your home, don't wait until disaster strikes - call No Probs Plumbing & Electrical on 9315 5545. We're here for you 24/7.